Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Heels over head

I seem to have a talent for doing things backwards. Like how I'm taking a study break now before I've even started studying. I'm sitting in the library with P. and S., my Corporate Finance and Economics textbooks stacked neatly next to me, a huge yellow Stickie on my computer screen reminding me of the dozen other things I'm supposed to be doing before tomorrow.

Things have really started to hot up around here, with intensive recruiting starting this week and group project deadlines looming around every corner. It's barely been 2 weeks off the starting block, and my first internship application is due this Friday. Naturally, in classic lecoq fashion, all that means is I've had to quadruple the time spent on bitching about how crazy the schedule here is. I've heard several times to expect barely enough time to breathe in my first 4 months here, and believe you me, that is turning out to be no great exaggeration. Between readings, meeting for group assignments, company presentations and a heavy opt-in social calendar, it sometimes feels like the only time I have for myself is in the shower.

Thankfully, I've found a constant companion to be my anchor through the craziness. Chocolate. Chocolate in all its splendiferous incarnations. Chocolate at its most fancy, dressed up as a French tart, all darkness and danger. Chocolate as wholesome girl-next-door, wrapped around caramel and biscuit, robed in a golden Twix wrapper. Chocolate with European chic, flavoured with creme brulee and lemon meringue. You can tell the sophistication of a country by the number of Lindt flavours on an ordinary supermarket shelf. At the rate I'm going, half of them will be in my bedroom by the end of the week.

I'm in deep now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michael McClung said...

:)

11:00 pm  
Blogger lecoqsportif said...

Up so early!

Thanks for stopping by. I just had a homebaked chocolate chip cookie, in addition to the Twix mini, Twix-flavoured biscuit, and 2 squares of Lindt I had in the afternoon.

No. of family-size bars (or equivalent) I've had this week - 3
No. of times I've exercised this week - 0

11:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you might be needing to check out the special k diet soon. its already named for you. heh.

3:13 am  
Blogger HairyDonut said...

AAARARRGGGGHGHH POKE ME IN THE EYE WITH THE TWIX REFERENCES WHY DON'T YOU

3:28 am  
Blogger lecoqsportif said...

i doubt they make Twix that's long enough, but there is this rather intriguing Twix ice-cream bar that i spied in the freezer section yesterday ...

3:29 am  
Blogger HairyDonut said...

Sigh.

3:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grrl, with all that chocolate, cheese and wine, u're gonna get constipated in no time! ;-)

7:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home